This is a very quick post to share a festive little salad. I hope everyone has been having a happy holiday season!
- ½ cup basmati rice
- ½ cup wild rice (or brown rice)
- 75g slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of walnut oil
- In two separate pans, cook the basmati and wild rice according to packet directions. The separate pans are necessary as wild rice has a longer cooking time than basmati rice.
- While the rice is cooking, toast the slivered almonds in a frying pan over a low heat until golden brown. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Combine the cooked rice, almonds, cranberries, and mint in a large bowl.
- In a small jar, combine the vinegar, orange juice, and walnut oil. Replace lid and shake to combine.
- To serve, drizzle the dressing over the rice salad and toss to combine.
Nutrition per serve:
228 calories / 953 kilojoules, 7g of fat, 5g of protein, 36g of carbohydrate, 3g of fibre.